- Food and culture have always piqued my interest. There is a cultural background to the book. And, before diving into the recipes, it’s fascinating to learn about the people, culture, and history of the region. It’s a treasure to have as a foodie, blogger, and cook at times. Everything you can imagine is present. If you haven’t had East Indian cuisine yet, you’re missing out on something.
- Lovely colourful photos, measurements mentioned, and masala cooking. Nice job on the Culture piece. The book, however, does not include all of the east Indian dishes.
- The author has gone to great lengths to not only explain recipes and cooking styles, but also to provide readers a glimpse into the history of this cuisine.
- “East India” is a term used by Indians to describe their country.
- While most Indians equate “East India” with Bengal or Assam, this is a very different perspective. Reading and tasting this book was a delight!
- I attempted a few dishes, the most of which were delicious, but some of which were a little tough for me to follow.
- A good collection of recipes, but not for those who are new to cooking.
- I’m an East Indian, and I was looking for a book that will teach me some delicious dishes.
- This is a fantastic book about East Indian cookery.
- The foreword and introduction are excellent. It was a pleasure to read.
- The recipes are fantastic. Authentic and thorough explanations.
- I’m really enjoying the recipes in this book.
Please follow and like us: