Author: Hansa Jayadeva Yogendra
The oldest yoga institute in the world now brings you the ultimate Sattvik cookbook that will enhance your positivity quotient and become an inseparable part of your life. Ancient Indian texts say that the trigunas-Sattva, Rajas and Tamas-pervade the universe and the human mind. Food that is Sattva is pure, happy, energizing, vitalizing and fulfilling; rajas is stimulating, passionate, ambitious and domineering; and tamas is dull, inactive, heavy and impure. Food influences the mind directly,…
Review by SpizeVilla:
- Dr. Hansa Yogendra, the book’s author, is an Indian yoga master, researcher, and TV personality. Her father-in-law founded Shri Yogendra’s Yoga Institute in Mumbai, which she now directs. It is the world’s oldest organized yoga center, having been founded in 1918 as a government-recognized non-profit organization.
- Sattvic diets consist of foods that have one of the three yogic characteristics (guna) known as sattva. Foods that deplete the body’s energy are classified as tamasic, while those that increase the body’s energy are classified as rajasic in this method of dietary classification. In modern literature, a yogic diet is commonly referred to as a sattvic diet.
- Sattvic diets share sattvic attributes such as “pure, essential, natural, vital, energy-containing, clean, conscious, real, honest, wise,” to name a few. A sattvic diet can also exhibit ahimsa, or the principle of not harming other living beings. This is one of the reasons why many yogis eat a vegetarian diet.
- A sattvic diet is one that emphasizes seasonal foods and fruits.
- A sattvic diet emphasizes seasonal foods, fruits if sugar problems aren’t an issue, nuts, seeds, oils, ripe vegetables, legumes, entire grains, and non-meat based proteins. When the cow is properly fed and milked, dairy products are advised.
- Ayurvedic literature recommends a sattvic diet as one sort of treatment.
- It provides a good knowledge of Ayurvedic perspective and physical body constituents in layman’s terms, and the recipes are nicely presented.
- After reading this book, you’ll find fantastic recipes that will make you feel good about what you’re eating while also keeping you healthy. Everything is extremely accurate, and I like how they’ve turned it into a book since it’s genuinely useful.
- I enjoy this sattvic cooking book since all of these Sattvic recipes can help to cure any physical or mental health difficulties, and they’re also pretty basic recipes. However, I think there should be some sattvic food images to make the book more interesting to read.
- Fantastic sattvic recipe book for persons of all ages who are concerned about their nutrition. Unusual and original recipes, as well as incredibly creative and healthful diets. Everyone should read it.
- Ayurveda, food, and nutrition have been simplified to help spread extreme well-being. My prized possession. This book should be acquired by everyone, since it provides knowledge and light on all of our fundamentals, and it may be used to aid oneself, family, and spread wellbeing.
- Excellent book with a twist on traditional Sattvic cuisine of India.
- I enjoyed the book since it included new recipes that will help you stay healthy and fit. The recipes are much healthier and have a far superior flavour.
It is a course meant to assist you in beginning of your journey towards a better and more sattvic lifestyle.
- All of the food-related ideas have been thoroughly discussed. The delectable and nutritious meals are simple to prepare and have the ability to revolutionize the way we eat on a daily basis.
- Good recipes for a healthy mind and body.
- This is a must-have. Recipes that taste like they came from Grandmother’s kitchen. A must-read for everyone!!!!
Please follow and like us: