Author: Tarek Malouf
From their first shop in Notting Hill's Portobello Road, The Hummingbird Bakery introduced London to the delights of American-style baking. The simple yet spectacular recipes for indulgent cupcakes, muffins, pies, cheesecakes, brownies, cakes and cookies, in this, their first and bestselling cookbook, ensured that the home cook could create some Hummingbird magic in their own kitchens too, wherever they lived. Now Tarek Malouf and the Hummingbird bakers have created a new edition of the book,…
Review By SpizeVilla:
- This baking book is incredible, and the recipes are fantastic! Numerous years ago, I bought this for my brother, who is an obsessive baker and chef from London, and he has tried many dishes from it, all of which have turned out to be fantastic. The cupcakes, even the plain vanilla ones, are incredibly excellent. Even after all these years, he continues coming back to this. It’s a fantastic deal!
- This book has been in my possession for a few years and is always my “go to” for cupcakes. They’re always wonderful; delicate, airy, and delectable. If I’m simply spreading it on rather than piping it, I usually half the frosting amount because it’s too much otherwise! The double chocolate chip cookies are amazing, and my toddler loves the savoury muffins, which are great for freezing and can be reheated in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I find the cooking times to be correct, however a thermometer for your oven is always a good idea because it can adjust for certain deviations. I bake frequently and would enthusiastically suggest this book.
- The Hummingbird Bakery has a well-deserved reputation, and after reading this book, I can confirm that this is correct. The book is jam-packed with delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Cakes, cookies, pies, and, of course, cupcakes may all be found inside. I’ve had this book for a long and have tried several of the recipes, and they’ve all turned out perfectly.
- Excellent book with a wide variety of recipes for someone like myself who is new to baking. I really like the hardcover and the full-page, colourful illustrations. Fits nicely on my cookbook shelf, and I prefer to have an actual book in front of me rather than a phone or iPad.
- Great book with great recipes – perfect for anyone who wants to experience American favourites like brownies and red velvet cake without having to adjust measures or substitute ingredients. It contains a nice assortment of basic cupcake recipes like vanilla, chocolate (my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe!) and red velvet, as well as some more “show-stopping” cakes like a Hummingbird cake. There’s something here for everyone’s ability level, and there’s some wonderful photos to inspire you.
- We absolutely adore this baking book; the brownies are among of the best I’ve ever tasted, let alone created! Recipes that are simple to follow and always work! Everyone always compliments us on how delicious our cupcakes and carrot cake are. delicious too.
- A fantastic cookbook with excellent illustrations throughout. This is fantastic if you want an impressive yet simple cake, pie, cheesecake, or cookies/biscuits/flapjacks. The meals I tried were fine; delicious, but a little too tempting if you’re trying to cut back on sugar and other refined carbohydrates. Now I use it whenever I have visitors!
Please follow and like us: