Author: The The Bake Off Team
A beautiful, fully illustrated companion book to the new series of The Great British Bake Off - due to air in autumn 2020 - featuring bakes from the series 11 contestants. This book will be a celebration of the reasons why we bake - with our families, for our friends, to celebrate special occasions, to raise money for charity or just because it's a relaxing way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon. With exclusive personal…
Review By SpizeVilla:
- What a wonderfully produced book chock-full of delectable recipes. I’m looking forward to trying the pesto star bread and the ring donuts. A fantastic purchase just in time for the arrival of cooler days, darker nights, and dwindling independence!
- For Christmas, I bought this book for my mother. It appeals to her. This is a great gift for any fan of the programme or someone who enjoys baking. This book has a wide range of recipes to pick from.
- After viewing the episode, my spouse expressed an interest in trying out a couple of the recipes. They were on this book, much to my joy. I’m quite pleased with it.
- There’s a lot of crucial information missing. Rather than a cookbook, this is more of a technical challenge book.
- Uses terms like “create caramel” without specifying what temperature a candy thermometer should read or the ideal ball stage. There are a few pages dedicated to tools, ingredients, and recommendations, but they are insufficient. The pictures are gorgeous, however I’m a seasoned cook/baker, and this recipe is missing critical nuances that a less skilled cook or baker would not even notice are missing. When more room should be given to text, pictures take up an entire page per recipe. In terms of vocabulary and ingredients, it’s also extremely British. There includes a conversion chart, but if you purchase the book, you should also get a digital scale.
Please follow and like us: